Welcome back guys! Just some phone snaps from last night showing progress on a few of the smaller guns and such. I also got my first LED working! Quite excited about where that’s going lead on the guns (mmm glowing lights..heh). Anyways, check out the photos and let me know if you’re needing something unique for Halloween or anything else coming up!
Sorry for a short post tonight, but I wanted to get a few photos up before heading out. I painted the rear part of the Vigilon to get a sense of the color-scheme (military/HALO-ish) and from that I think the gun will look pretty cool when it’s all done. I also started breaking up the canvas that is my NERF version of Vera from the TV show Firefly. That’s one heck of a detailed prop and so I’m doing my best to replicate the different surfaces. I’m certain it will look good when it’s done, but I’m shooting for great so we’ll see how the next week goes!
Enjoy the pictures and thank you for visiting my humble little blog site.
Hey folks! So, I finally got my computer back up an running, but I am still a man without a home. My condo is still being held up do to some wire issues…hope to goodness I’m in Monday or Tuesday as I have most certainly worn out my welcome staying at a good friend’s Mom’s place.
Ok, so what about the guns!? I had some specific orders to take care of and a few were not able to be photographed…well, at least posted online. I still got a lot accomplished and below you’re going to see the current state of affairs.
Here we have a partly disassembled Swarmfire. I try to take apart as much of the guns as possible so there’s less masking to do and also it makes sanding of the body easier. This shows the body mostly sanded.
Here’s the shroud with a coat of red paint acting as the primer. I’ll sand this down with very fine sandpaper to smooth the paint out.
Here’s the body primered and the shroud attached
Almost ready to remove the tape!
This is where the gun stands right now. There’s still a lot of detail work to do, but most of the major color sections are done. I mixed in some metallic silver to give a flake effect and when I can get some pictures with the DSLR you should be able to see it better. It looks good in person anyways!
Here’s a few more random photos I took of WIPs (Works-in-progress). You’ll see more of these later!
Thanks for all the scrolling, I hope I got enough pictures to make you guys happy! 😉
Hey everyone! Sorry, but no new photos yet because I actually took a few days off to go to Orlando for MegaCon. That was a good decision I’ve never seen so many people just enjoying themselves at one time! I also admit I saw a lot of firsts, not all of them images I wanted in my brain. But I digress… I ended up selling two of the three guns I took with me before I got to the ticket counter, so I ended up having some cash to spend. (Forgot what that felt like…heh). I ended up buying a PKD Blaster replica kit from the movie Blade runner, so although I’ll most likely sell it, it will still be a lot of fun to make one of my favorite movie guns. Some day I’ll find a reasonable way to get my hands on a M41-A Pulse Rifle from Aliens, but then I’ll have to pry it out of my hands after I finish it!