These Rotator X8’s from Lanard are really popular right now so it’s giving me a chance to play around with more added bits and pieces. This model is apparently electrically powered, but I’m not sure exactly how it works. Looks ok though, yeah?
Thanks for the visit and here’s a few photos of stuff you’ll see more of soon!
A Smattering of stuff from the past week. Sorry a lot of them are phone photos, folks, but I don’t bring out the heavy photo weapons when it’s 120% humidity
There a lot of things in the works, so I promise there will be some neat-o things to see soon. Until then, thank you all so much for the support and commission requests. I am truly honored to have such great people around me.
Enjoy the photos and don’t forget to tell a friend…or a movie producer. 😉
Fankenstein assault rifle – Recon Body / Longstrike Barrel with shortened front end / Raider Stock / Stampede Magazine 😉
Steampunk Otterbox 2.0
Special Unit 2 Replica – Resin Cast
Sam Howe’s Stainless Steel Maverick with Leather Grip
With a WIP sparking pistol in bronze
In an almost finished state
Samus’s gun from Metroid – This was as close as I could get without more time!
Long Las (WarHammer 40K) and Space Marines Shotgun – Both WIPs
Firefly WIP – Just the drybrushing base in this photo
Hey folks! So, I finally got my computer back up an running, but I am still a man without a home. My condo is still being held up do to some wire issues…hope to goodness I’m in Monday or Tuesday as I have most certainly worn out my welcome staying at a good friend’s Mom’s place.
Ok, so what about the guns!? I had some specific orders to take care of and a few were not able to be photographed…well, at least posted online. I still got a lot accomplished and below you’re going to see the current state of affairs.
Here we have a partly disassembled Swarmfire. I try to take apart as much of the guns as possible so there’s less masking to do and also it makes sanding of the body easier. This shows the body mostly sanded.
Here’s the shroud with a coat of red paint acting as the primer. I’ll sand this down with very fine sandpaper to smooth the paint out.
Here’s the body primered and the shroud attached
Almost ready to remove the tape!
This is where the gun stands right now. There’s still a lot of detail work to do, but most of the major color sections are done. I mixed in some metallic silver to give a flake effect and when I can get some pictures with the DSLR you should be able to see it better. It looks good in person anyways!
Here’s a few more random photos I took of WIPs (Works-in-progress). You’ll see more of these later!
Thanks for all the scrolling, I hope I got enough pictures to make you guys happy! 😉